Some tips on using this forum

Wide open primary club forum. All users can read messages, but only registered forum users can post.
flyRobinfly
Former Director
Former Director

Some tips on using this forum

Post by flyRobinfly »

A few tips to help you use this forum, and the WCSC web site better:
  • - To return to the WCSC home page, click the club logo at the top left of any forum page (I've added some help text there as a reminder). You can catch up on the latest news and images on the home page, and from there, you can easily access the rest of the site.

- Your forum experience will be greatly enhanced by registering as a forum user. This does not require club membership, costs nothing, and will not put your name or email on any spam lists. It's entirely internal to this web site.

When you're registered, the forum tracks the topics and posts you've read, and highlights "new" topics (with this image Image), and posts (with this image Image), upon your return.

Also, when you're logged into the forum, at the top of the forum index page, there are several powerful options near the top right of the page. The second one read "View posts since last visit". Clicking that link will display a page showing all the topics containing new (to you) posts. If you click the little yellow image Image beside each topic, you'll be delivered to the recent post itself, instead of having to page through a long topic to find the new stuff at the bottom. A big time-saver.

And that's just the start. There are many other features available only to registered forum users.

- When creating a new post (or a reply), it's always a good idea to Preview your post before Submitting it, to make sure it's going to look the way you expect it to. This is especially true when you're using the BBCode features (embedding a graphic image, linking to another page, changing the look of the text, etc.). Actually, it's a great way to experiment with using those codes, without actually posting anything.

- If you do see a mistake after you post your message, or you would like to later change it, you can. For example, update your For Sale post as "Sold" after you sell the item. Simply click the Edit button at the top right of your post, and you can make any changes you like. You can also delete the post outright (by clicking the "X"). On some forums, this ability is only available to registered forum users. Note that if there are replies to your post, you may not be able delete it. If the little "X" is visible on a post, you can delete it. If it's not there, you can't.

Read the FAQ (click here) for more. This is a lot of help there on using the BBCode features, creating polls, uploading and attaching files and images, and much more. Most of your questions will be answered there.

Of course, you can always email me directly and ask a question as well.

Please let me know any problems you're having with the forum, and the web site in general. I know there has been a slight glitch for some of you with uploading attachments. I'm working on that problem and will report back to you when it's solved.

Thanks,

Robin
wazungy

Re: Some tips on using this forum

Post by wazungy »

Link to FAQ not working! I tried, I need to know how to post images from my hard drive onto forum.