New comp posted for Valle de Bravo.

Wide open primary club forum. All users can read messages, but only registered forum users can post.
GrumpySmurf

New comp posted for Valle de Bravo.

Postby GrumpySmurf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:24 am

The gent I was under the guidance of during this past Christmas, Marko Hrgetic, is organizing a comp of a slightly different flare for January of 2018.

Titled XCSkyRace - the format is different from the traditional RtG (Race to Goal). A start/end cylinder is defined each day and using that start/end cylinder, competitors are expected to fly a cross country route of their own choosing. A straight out and return scores the lowest per km flown, while a FAI triangle scores the highest. Failure to return to the start/end cylinder results in a point penalty per km that the pilot comes up short. Scoring is also handicapped based on wing class.

In short - it's the thinking pilots comp.

I am really excited to give this alternative comp format a try and encourage any and everyone (especially the Valle snowbirds) who flies XC on a regular basis to sign up.

Link to Competition Website: http://xcskyrace.com
The FlyinOrange: Blog Videos Facebook Google+

AlexR
Former Director
Former Director

Re: New comp posted for Valle de Bravo.

Postby AlexR » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Interesting to see an XC comp in Valle.
With small glider class multipliers to help even the playing field a bit.

I wonder if they will consider limiting the length of the day to make it a bit less of a flying marathon?
Glad to see Marko bringing something new to Valle.

And there is something about an average speed multiplier too.