New to Vancouver

Wide open primary club forum. All users can read messages, but only registered forum users can post.
Dawn Richardson

New to Vancouver

Postby Dawn Richardson » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi! I recently moved to Vancouver from New Zealand with my glider and I'm hoping to start getting out and enjoying the summer skies. I'm fairly new to the sport, I got my PG2 back home in March this year (IPPI 3) and so would love to connect with some local pilots and learn about the area a bit to get my confidence up for flying here.

Can anyone recommend ways I can start connecting with the community here and getting out into the sky?

Thanks so much!
Dawn

Claudia
Former Director
Former Director

Re: New to Vancouver

Postby Claudia » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:01 am

Hi Dawn,

welcome to Vancouver!

We use LINE app to coordinate driving out to our main flying sites, Woodside and Bridal. There are two groups: 'WCSC' and 'XC Paragliding'. If you sign up for LINE then someone in the group can invite you.

You can also get in contact with Jim Reich from FlyBC, the school at the bottom of Mt Woodside, he is out there every fly-able day.

See you in the air soon!

Dawn Richardson

Postby Dawn Richardson » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Thanks so much Claudia! I registered for LINE and my id is 'dawnerfr'. Could someone add me to the groups?

pep
Club Director
Club Director

Postby pep » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi Dawn, I just sent you an invite to the WCSC group.
Pedro Pedersen ( :hg )
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
Leonardo da Vinci