Spring Repack Clinic

Wide open primary club forum. All users can read messages, but only registered forum users can post.
pep
Club Director
Club Director

Spring Repack Clinic

Post by pep »

This year we have decided to take an innovative approach to the repack event and by the end of the clinic, you should feel confident to repack your own reserve anytime, anywhere. To accomplish this goal we have made some adjustments in the size, syllabus and price.
  1. A series of small group sessions.(8-12 people MAX) (more attention and detail to the learning process)
  2. Sessions will take place on weeknights. (You won't miss a day of flying)
  3. Hands-on. (You will learn to pack your own reserve under the guidance of an experienced repacker and their assistants)
When: March - April
Where: Burnaby, Fraser Valley and Pemberton
Session Duration: 3-4 hours.
Price: $25-35 depending on venue costs.

Syllabus: Each session will begin with the experienced repacker demonstrating the process they use to repack a reserve. They will cover what they do, what they check and what potential problems they are looking for. Then you will split up into groups of 2 or 3 and help each other repack your own reserves. The experienced repacker will be there to help guide you and answer any questions. Dinner and all packing supplies (rubber bands, snakes etc.) will be provided by the club. You will leave the event with a full belly and a beautifully self-packed reserve!

How Do I Book: We are keeping these sessions small and exclusive. If this is something you want to do we recommend you reserve your spot immediately. The sessions will fill up fast. Reserve Your Spot Here for $25

If you’ve got any feedback please let us know below. However, if the idea of repacking your own reserve horrifies you, we strongly suggest you take it to one of the local instructors and pay them to repack it for you. Reserves should be repacked every year as a minimum, many manufacturers recommend every six months.

Tom Dupree,
On behalf of your WCSC Board

P.S. Thank you to the members for voting for the small rise in membership dues. This is the reason we have been able to cut the cost of the repack by 50% and create smaller more focused sessions. Please pay your membership dues so we can continue to focus on our mandate. PAY MEMBERSHIP HERE
Pedro Pedersen ( :hg )
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
Leonardo da Vinci
tnankie
Former Director
Former Director

Re: Spring Repack Clinic

Post by tnankie »

We don't have dates and wont until we know what the interest levels are. Once we have at least 8 people for one of the locations I'll liaise with the group and the repacker and set a time and venue. As we are only charging to cover costs we are not booking venues until we know we have enough people for a night. If I can't make a date work for anyone we will refund their reservation fee.

Additionally I'll post the dates of each session as I organise each one and then people are free to sign up for it until it is full.

Having said that I would like to do one of the downtown/Burnaby sessions late this coming week or early next week 21-23 or the 26th.

But when this all happens depends on interest in the form of reservation fees, we can't operate on the basis of "I'd like to do this" or we'll end up out of pocket and have to increase our membership fees again :D

Have fun,
Tom
Tom Dupree
:pg Advance Iota (Purple, white and lime green)

my user name @ gmail . com
tnankie
Former Director
Former Director

Re: Spring Repack Clinic

Post by tnankie »

Members only. This isn't a service, this is an exchange of knowledge. The club is not repacking reserves for people, we are facilitating the transfer of knowledge between our members. The fee is only there to cover our costs, room hire and food.
Tom Dupree
:pg Advance Iota (Purple, white and lime green)

my user name @ gmail . com