Mother Woodside... Spectacular again!....

Share your flights with us! Post your story. Link to, or even upload a picture or two.
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Mother Woodside... Spectacular again!....

Post by Martin »

With strong East winds all the way out from Abbotsford I was pleasantly surprised to round the corner at Harrison Bay to find only light outflow and calm conditions at the HG LZ.

After taking two short hikes at the HG LZ and Riverside LZ for some bird watching, Mia and I decided to take chance and check out launch. The road up is getting better (4x4 with good tires) but there is still a tough stretch from the top of the Saddle up... no biggy, we didn't want to beat up Suzi and opted for the short hike.

Light "UP" at launch! (insert a dozen happy dancing emoticons !) and since it was late, Mia opted to drive Suzi down and left it up to me to test out the air. There was just enough of breeze to pull off a reverse (which is good as my forwards suck).

Mother Woodside never disappoints... It was a high quality 14 minutes of silky smooth winter air (try finding that in Mexico!).

Mia arrived back with the beer cooler at the "Ranch" for some quality time with a very lonely Bob(bi?) the FlyBC mascot an official rodent control officer (Oh Jim... just letting you know Bob hope you choke on a Taco... and he/she wants a raise).

On the radio we could hear some chatter from some Ice Climbing pilots who where over at Elk Mtn... of course, not one call included a proper radio identification but there was plenty of "Radio Check"...... Even heard there might have been somebody that may have flown Cheam?

Can't imagine why anybody would spend hard earned coin to go fly someplace warm.... when you have all this beauty in your own back yard :wink:

The days are getting longer!.. Spring is on the way.... Sure hope the Scotch holds out.....
Attachments
Quality Bob Time...
Quality Bob Time...
!cid_CA9172897E054E66B942AFCF39F085D5@MartinXPS.jpg (78.01 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Another Day in Paradise...
Another Day in Paradise...
P1040433 (1024x684).jpg (383.02 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
flybc
Former Director
Former Director

Thanks for checking in on Bob

Post by flybc »

Mother Woodside, we miss her, but the air in Mexico is much more reliable these days . . . and a bit warmer too.

And surprisingly not rough for this time of year, at least around Manzanillo & Colima.

Ric Hunt says 'Hola" from Colima too.
Jim Reich
Professional Paragliding Instructor

www.flybc.org
www.flybc.org/used.htm Demo Gear
www.flybc.org/training.htm Training Facilities
www.flybc.org/siteoftheday.htm Whazzup in the Valley
pecofly

Nice Martin!

Post by pecofly »

Must have been nice in the sunshine hey?
Well hasn,t been much here but we did get a good day at Annie a week or so ago.
Hey I was thinking of when I was first flying back in 75 and was t Cawston watching some guy that was in a black wing and up there longer than anyone else that day.
Any chance that might have been you?
Attachments
an11.png
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
Martin
Former Director
Former Director

Post by Martin »

Never had a black wing... might have been Gordie Thompson?... that was a very long time ago.

Martin