Chabre Open 2014

Use this forum to post your short term flying destinations for upcoming days, or the weekend, to coordinate rides, meeting up, etc. Messages will be cleared after 2 weeks.
HardyH

Chabre Open 2014

Post by HardyH »

Flying in the French Alps in late June??
I am looking for team-mates for this year's Open. Registration is on Feb 8th.

i) Teams made up of 4 pilots, scores for best 3 in each task to count
ii) Teams will contain a maximum of one EN D glider and must have at least one EN A or B glider
ii) A number of places will be reserved for club or school teams.
For more details, www.flylaragne.com.

I'll be floating around the Alps most of June building up my novice skills for the event.
GrumpySmurf

Post by GrumpySmurf »

Sadly, it is too close to nationals to swing the vacation time with work for both. :(
Of note: Last year they were vague on the license requirement, but have cleared up what they expect - "[…] a minimum of IPPI 4."
The FlyinOrange: Blog Videos Facebook Google+
GrumpySmurf

Post by GrumpySmurf »

GrumpySmurf wrote:Sadly, it is too close to nationals to swing the vacation time with work for both. :(
Of note: Last year they were vague on the license requirement, but have cleared up what they expect - "[…] a minimum of IPPI 4."
Change in plans. With Nats being a TBD (and with my luck would end up back east), the vacation time cost being the same, the lodging costs being similar, and the airfare only ~$400 more to fly to Marseille vs Montreal (go figure) - Chabre it is.
GrumpySmurf

Post by GrumpySmurf »

...and 12 hours after registration opens, the comp is full with 120 paid and confirmed. Must be some kind of record.