Competing in Ager, Spain, for the next couple of weeks

Share your flights with us! Post your story. Link to, or even upload a picture or two.
Nicole
Former Director
Former Director

Competing in Ager, Spain, for the next couple of weeks

Post by Nicole »

Just showed up in Ager for my final 2 comps of this summer. I'll be here for the next 2+ weeks for the final leg of the World Cup, followed by the Women's Open. Not too much to report so far except for me arriving :) But once I start flying I'll be updated the blog daily.

Nicole
Nicole
Former Director
Former Director

Post by Nicole »

Well the World Cup is over and now it's time for the Women's Open. Compared to last week the weather is much more mellow: cooler temps (25C vs. 40C) and smoother climbs (not like the 10-12m/s of last week, more like 5-6m/s now).

The Women's Open is a more laid-back comp with less pilots (30 vs. 90) which makes things very relaxed at briefing, on launch, and in the air. The only possibly negative thing is because there's only 30 pilots, it's very easy to find yourself alone since there are simply not enough pilots to form large start or lead gaggles. I think the most I've seen is a 4-5 person gaggle so far this comp :)

Anyways, the comp runs until the weekend and you can see the results at http://www.agerwomensopen.com/.

Nicole
admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by admin »

Way to go, Nicole! You killed it on day 1. Keep it up!